The great horned owl house plans: This great horned owl house plan Nestbox for Kestrel, Eastern Screech Owl, Western Screech Owl and Barrow's Goldeneye) has a 8" by 8" floor, 15" inside ceiling, 3" diameter entrance hole located 12" above the floor and ventilation openings.
Assembled with corrosion resistant screws fit to pre-drilled countersunk pilot holes. Hinged roof is secured with shutter hooks for easy access for the great horned owl. This hinged roof is also explained in this great horned owl house plans
Mount at the edge of a forest area or on a post in an open area in a rural or city yard between twelve and twenty feet high. Place some wood chips on the floor. Great horned owl and Squirrels may use this box.
Great horned owl house plans Assembly:
Great horned owl Safety First!
Assemble woodworking projects in a safe area, on a work bench at a height between waist and chest.
Wear eye protection. While building a Great horned owl house as per the owl house plan, eye injuries are the most common assembly mishap.
Keep great horned owl house building hardware and tools as per the horned owl house plans, away from children and infants. store away when not in use.
Great Horned Owl House Plans - Step1
- Fasten Right Side to Back Panel with screws
- Fasten Floor to Right Side and back.
- Fasten Left Side to Back Panel and Floor.
- Fasten Front Panel
- Fasten Hinges to Roof with Small Screws.
- Fasten Roof and Hinges to Back Panel.
- Fasten Shutter Hooks to Roof and Sides with Round-head Screws.
- Mount Nestbox with Large Screws at appropriate Height. (see specific species mounting height and habitat.)